Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Adventures in Asia

We rounded out good old spring break nicely with super fun field trip...No sadly we did not go to real Asia, but we did go to the Asian Market and my kiddos and I had  BLAST!

My wonderful sister in law graciously agreed to be our guide and I learned SO much!

A few months back this Pacific Ocean Market opened a few blocks from my school and some of the teachers I work with go their on their lunch breaks and come back with delicious looking treats. Also in the mornings my students who walk to school stop there to see who can bring the most interesting snack to 6th period.
Naturally I had to see what all the fuss was about!

There was so much to see and do. Who knew grocery shopping could be so fun?! (y'all know how I feel about grocery shopping!)
Some favorite things were the fruits... There are so many cool varieties and things I have never heard of or seen before!
Kellen loved the fresh crabs and craw fish. He got a kick of seeing aunt Phanneth digging the box with the tongs. The crabs would grab and climb on each other. It was quite entertaining for him!

Callie just wanted to buy everything that had sugar in it!

There is just something about being out of your comfort zone and trying new things that I just love. After an amazing tour of the store we had a yummy lunch at the deli in the store. I am so thank that I had my sister in law there to tell me what to get and buy. I would have been so lost and intimidated without her! Now I feel like pro!

We had to take a picture by the "Lions"/dragons!

All of our Pacific Ocean Market treasures!
We ended up with: Fresh mint, snap peas, dragon fruit, lychee, jackfruit, jasmine tea, chopsticks, wanton wrappers, egg noodles, ice cream and a bunch of candy! 
This was such a fun day and I can't wait to go back and try it again...



No comments:

Post a Comment