Friday, April 29, 2016

Lameness and s'mores bars

I will be the first to admit it. I. Am. So. Lame. There I said it. I have officially taken on too much and I am over it. This week was meetings, science fairs, window estimators, girls scouts and utter exhaustion at school.

My students are done learning and I am done teaching. It's all I can do each day not to just show a movie and say, "Don't kill each other, okay?" than teach.

The other day I came home from school and I realized I had forgotten the stack of essay rubrics that I needed to grade on my desk, ooppss! I had the pretty much the whole evening to do nothing and I didn't even know what to do. I think I forgot how to do life, if I am not doing school work.  Yikes!

But hey, the end is in sight and it will be here in just 19 more days. I got this.

So dessert, now that's fun. Nothing like shoveling sugar in my face and the faces of loved ones to make life better.

Last weekend, Kellen and I made s'mores bars and I have to say I am impressed by my little protege!

You need: 6 cups of Golden Grahams, 5 cups of mini marshmallows (just use the whole bag!) 3/4 stick of butter and 1 cup of chocolate chips

1. Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat
2. Add in the marshmallows--All the marshmallows! Our batch was a little dry, more marshmallows would have done the trick!
3. Keep stirring until everything is melted together.
4. Measure out the Golden Grahams and then pour the butter/schmallow mixture over it and stir with a spatula to coat the cereal.
5. Mix in the chocolate chips quick, before it starts to harden!
6. Press the cereal mixture into a 9x11 pan and let it cool!

Then cut up and serve, yum yum!
I ate the left overs right outta the pan all week!

                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment