Monday, January 8, 2018

These are a Few of Our Favorite Things!

Have you ever attended a favorite things party? If you have not, I would highly encourage it! Last year this was all the rage with my teammates at school and girlfriends at church.

So here is how it has worked, you set a spending limit, ours was $10 and then choose your favorite thing to share with people who are attending the party. Thankfully these gatherings have been smaller, but once we had a larger group and just brought three things to share and then you write your name on three pieces of paper and then the gift giver draws names to share their favorite item.


Last Friday, before we headed back to school, my 2nd grade team and I had a favorite things party at my house. It was SO much fun and they had some amazing things to share!

Favorite things stress me out slightly, but it never ends up being a big deal. I always worry, "what if my favorite thing is dumb or no one likes it too?" and shopping for it can be stressful as well... I seriously traded my favorite thing out like 4 times before I finally decided on something! I shared pop sockets, they are pretty cool. I failed to take a picture though... But they keep you from dropping your phone, help take selfies and prop it up when your hands are tied. It went over pretty well!

Here was everyone else's favorite things!

Charmaine: She is our au natural girl, who loves all things skin care related!
This tiny little Vaseline with shea butter, packs a punch. I have been putting it on everything, not just my lips. "Oh Kellen you have a red bumpy rash on your leg? Put this on it."  I haven't used the olive oil scrub yet, but it smells amazing and I can't wait to try it!

Courtney: She is our kitchen guru. Last she brought those super cute nesting bowl that we all loved! 

                                                     
This year she brought tiny strainers for washing fruit. It is the prettiest color and as handy as a pocket on a shirt, so I don't have to dirty up my huge colander!  She also brought this cook warming/cooling plate that you put in the freezer if you are serving something cold, like cheese or something warm like an appetizer. She also threw in the little baby whisk from World Market because her kids use them to stir up their hot cocoa, genius right?

Lisa: She is our sweet one! She always has all the best treats in her class room and brings the yummy desserts to share!


We had some bundt cakes from Nothing Bundt cakes. They are seriously the BEST! Whenever we have a birthday or just a random day when we need something delicious! They come in a bunch of flavors. Mine is red velvet. It has big chunks of chocolate and the yummiest cream cheese frosting you ever did taste. She also brought some super yummy Euro candy that Callie keeps making me share, an EOS ball and toe warmers because we are always freezing! I have never used one of the EOS balls, but they are pretty brilliant. I can't stop putting it on! I am planning on using the toe warmers when we head to the mountains in February. So score all around!

So that was everyone's favorite and now I have a few new favorites! Gather up your girls, gather up your favorites and throw a bash, it is too fun to pass up!

No comments:

Post a Comment