Monday, January 29, 2018

Peanut Butter Bars

Do you love Reese's cups/anything with chocolate and peanut butter? Well then, this is the recipe for you!

I was going through and cleaning out some of my pinterest boards, they were out of control and I couldn't find anything, when I stumbled across this yummy recipe for "Buck Eye Bars". I am not an Ohioan or whatever they call people from the Buck Eye state, but I can get down with a good old dessert.

I forgot to take pictures as I went, but my food photographer captured the afters and they are as good as they look!

You need: 
For the peanut butter filling:
2  cups of powdered sugar
1 cup of creamy peanut butter
1/2 or 1 stick of melted butter
1/2 cup of brown sugar

For the chocolate topping:
1 bag of milk chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsps melted butter

First, grease up a 9x13 pan with cooking spray or butter, we went with butter. In retrospect, I think I would use a cookie sheet so that peanut butter to chocolate ratio was closer, but...live and learn.

Next mix up the ingredients for the filling. Mix the peanut butter, butter and brown sugar first, then add in the powdered sugar gradually. I just used my good old hand mixer, but I think the Kitchen Aid would have been better.

The filling is pretty dense and doughy, but they should easily roll into balls and not fall apart, thus, adding in the powdered sugar a little at a time until you get the right consistency.

Next press the mixture into your greased up pan. 

Then melt the chocolate for the topping. I just dumped everything in a bowl and went with the microwave at 30 second increments, until it was smooth and creamy. Then pour over the peanut butter. After a quick trip the fridge to harden up, we dusted it with powdered sugar to pretty things up! We ate them at room temp, I don't enjoy cold chocolate, but it's what you prefer!


They came out so yummy and pretty. I can't wait to try them again with some adjustments. They are SO much easier than rolling up the dough and dipping them! Give it a try, they will not disappoint!




No comments:

Post a Comment