Wednesday, April 16, 2014

quiche ('cause you probably have the stuff in your fridge)

This recipe is brought to you by my sheer laziness and lack of planning a meal one night last week, but alas, it turned out just fine. I frantically searched through my pantry and refrigerator and I just happened to have: A pre made pie crust (the 2nd in a 2 pack, one I used for a dessert the week before) a dozen eggs, a bag of cheddar cheese, a package of real bacon bits, a slash of skim milk.

1. preheat the oven to 400.
2. press the pie crust into a 9 inch pie pan.
3. In a large bowl mix together, eggs (I used 9) 1/2 cup of milk, whip it up real good.
4. Gently stir in 1 cup of cheese and the package of bacon bits (I think our bag was like 4 oz)
5. Pop into the oven for 40-50 minutes, until top is golden and a knife comes out pretty clean (We do not enjoy runny eggs at our house)

It is simple to throw together and I know that anything with bacon will be a hit!



No comments:

Post a Comment