Sunday, September 27, 2015

Kellen is TWO!

Oh my, how things have changed around the Wood house in the past 2 years. Sometimes it's still strange to think that it used to just be the 3 of us, now I can't imagine anything but the 4 of us all together. Was it really 2 years ago that we were eagerly awaiting your arrival??! Holy moly, I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was such a strange day, your birthday. Brien's mom had come over pretty early to watch Callie, the weather was strangely fall like. We left the house way earlier than the 12 pm time of check. We pulled into the parking lot at like 10:30, we both looked at each other and said, "wanna go to Target?" How weird is that??

So we headed to Target where Brien bought a jacket since the weather had suddenly cooled and I was overcome with a weird obsession to buy you hats...

After our shopping/killing time excursion, we checked into the hotel , hospital. I swear they said, "Enjoy your stay."

A few nerve racking hours later, you were born (see last years Kellen's birthday entry for details!) Oh my, We loved you so!

                                                  
Having a baby is perhaps the strangest thing ever. One minute, there you are, doing your thing, living your life and the next thing you know, you have this precious person staring at you. Totally dependent on you for literally every aspect of their life. It's a little overwhelming, but I will never forget thinking, "I love you so much, how is that even possible? We have just met!"

                                                  
So fast forward 2 years and here we are.


You are mess my boy. You are my little adventurer. Always into everything. Always playing and always on the go.


You are stubborn as the day is long and I kinda love it. You have always had a big personality and it gets bigger and more opinionated by the day. For example, if it your pajamas don't have some sort of car, bus, plane, fire truck on them, you won't wear them.  You are pretty content for the most part to play all day long. Outside, with Jake, with Callie. You love to wrestle. You LOVE  "tractas" (anything large with wheels) You love to sing. Our current favorites are "ring around the rosey", the abc's, and "twinkle, twinkle".


You think you are potty trained, which has been very interesting. Soon my boy. You love pizza, I love they way you say pizza. You have recently started adding a "peese" (please) to everything you ask. It has seriously helped you get what you want lately.


You are always concerned about how everyone else is feeling. The other day I stubbed my toes on your door, and you patted my arm and asked me, "You okay, mommy?" I said I was fine and you hugged me and said, "good boy." I just can't even!

I love your big brown eyes and how you can convince me to do just about anything for you. I love how you love bugs, (so gross) and how you can't leave the house without saying I love you and giving everyone hugs and kisses.

Kellen, you are such a serious little thing and I cannot wait to see what you do with all that energy when you get a older. We love you more than you will ever know sweet boy! Happy 2nd Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment