Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The great pumpkin harvest!

My first glorious day of fall break was spent soaking up the sun at the pumpkin patch. Since the mister has his hunting trip coming up, the fall weekends are slipping away from us! So Saturday it was!
We were up with the birds thanks to these cuties, so we headed out super early. Getting there when the pumpkin patch opens = no lines! Yay! We hit up our old favorite spot, Nicks. It is such a place for all things fall. Let's see why...Well lets start with the smells of fall. They were already fire roasting chiles (you better believe that we bought a bunch so Brien could make green chile) and fresh made kettle corn (you better believe Kellen wanted some and I ended up eating it!) Next, the colors, oh my!  Bunches of glittering pumpkins, mums in every color on the planet! Can y'all tell I was excited about this trip?!?

They also have so many fun things for the kiddos...
The train...

The games...

The bounce house...

The things to climb in...

The sand/corn? box...He wouldn't even look at me he was having so much fun...

Things to climb on...

The short bus full of my favorite people...

The kettle corn...

The funnel cake...

Such a great day with my loves. We spent the rest of the day making green chile (recipe to follow) and relaxing and basking in the 70 degree "fall day" on the patio! I heart fall break!


No comments:

Post a Comment