Thursday, March 31, 2016

Spring Break!

Well we are more than half way through spring break and it doesn't really feel very spring-y as right now it is snowing... waahhh! Despite the damper the weather has been, we have been having tons of fun (indoor fun).

Monday was spent with sweet friends from church for a play day.
Tuesday Callie wanted to go to before and after school program because they were going to build a bear, so Mr. Kellen and I had a super fun day running errands and getting some lunch together. We also squeezed in some arts and crafts time!
This was super fun!
All you need is a pan, baking soda, food coloring, vinegar and eye droppers.
Fill the pan with the baking soda and mix cups with food coloring color you have on hand. In our case it was green, pink and purple. Mix the coloring with about 1/2 cup of vinegar. Dip the eye dropper in the vinegar mixture and drip into the baking soda pan. Fizzy fun!

This was also a big hit! Gallon sized zip lock bag, fill with paint and tape that bad boy to the table. These two crafties, kept the mister busy while I worked on....

Finally putting my wine corks to good use. I have to say I am a little disappointed that 2 years of drinking wine only amounted to enough corks to fill up this small ampersand!
Literally all you need for this is a wood cut out of a shape, wine corks and a glue gun. I found my cut out at wal-mart for $1.88!


I wish that I could have made something a little bigger, I guess that means I will need to drink more wine!
On Wednesday, the weather took a turn for the worse so we decided a nice indoor field trip would be the best. Callie decided that Kellen would love the Children's Museum and she was correct! The museum has really stepped up their game with a bunch of new exhibits.  These crazies had a blast zooming from room to room and discovering all the new things to play and climb on!
I could not drag this kid away from the fire truck! I think we spent the better part of a day climbing on this!



Callie had a blast on the altitude climber. Its a four floor platform climb and she made it to the top!

The water exhibit was the bane of my day and we had to make 2 trips there. They provide some ill fitting rain coats, but do you think my children stayed dry? No, the answer is heck no, because if there is water to be splashed in my children will find it and leave soaked, two times.

They have this amazing "teaching kitchen" that has cute little snacks. I just want to remodel my own kitchen after it. Are you seeing these chandeliers??

That's a heavy basket! They have a "super market", Kellen had fun filling up his basket with veggies that he would never eat in real life!

Aaaannnnddd back to the fire truck one last times before we left. 
Overall our day was a raging success, props for the overpriced kid's museum!


No comments:

Post a Comment