Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Embroidery Hoop Orbs

Last week, I got my craft on... That has not happened for awhile. I am kind of running out of ideas as my house is mostly the way I want it, this is quite the dilemma! I might have to do some redecorating just to have something to fill my summer with!

So a few weeks ago I saw this pin...
                                              DIY Embroidery Hoop Orb. These DIY Embroidery Hoop Orbs can be made in under 30 minutes. I love it when things are big on easy but also big on impressive!:
And I totally stole this idea! I needed something to fill up a little space on my side board in the dining room. I have a lot of wall art so I needed something that could just be on the surface and I don't like a lot of clutter and things out (I am a pretty sad house keeper and the less things to dust, the better!) But it was looking pretty bare, so voila! Embroidery hoop orbs!

This was a little tricky to figure out at first because the tutorial is a not super specific and my hoops didn't tighten like the pin said they would, so I improvised. I am good at that!

You need...
 Embroidery hoops (I found a 2 pack at Target for like $5 and I got 2 sets)
Stain--I already had some left over from my dresser project this summer
Hot glue

Step 1: Separate out all of the circles.
Like so..I ended up with 8 total circles. 4 large and 4 small.

Step 2: Stain them! I just rubbed on the stain using an old rag and left them to dry totally in the garage! The next weekend after they were dry I wiped them down with a paper towel, to make sure there was no excess stain

Step 3: Fit the circles back together in the orb shape. Make sure that the intersecting lines are all even or it will be a hot mess!
Step 4: Secure with hot glue where the circles intersect and let it dry!

Done! How cute are those?? Get in my dining room you pretty little orbs!





No comments:

Post a Comment