Sunday, May 15, 2016

Honey Cakes and 9 More Days!

That's all... just 9 more days until I have my life back! The year from hell will be over and I can relax and spend some time with my babies.
One of my sweet friends posted this picture this week and I HAD to share, cause it's true!


The last few weeks and days and been so physically and emotionally draining. You see, I have been teaching at the same school for 8 years now and recently my principal announced her retirement. I was having my annual career crisis (You know, should I keep doing this? Am I ready for a change?) and this announcement kind of threw my world off balance.

One night after a terrible week with my middle schoolers, I made the decision to apply for a few elementary positions. I originally went to school to teach little people and for 11 years I have not done that. Little did I know that when I submitted my application, my principal is immediately notified with an email that says an employee has requested a transfer. So when I got to school the next day I had a panicked email from my principal asking, "WHAT?!?"-- awk-ward!!

After a very tearful meeting with her, I told her what I was thinking and that I wanted a schedule that matched my family's schedule better. She seemed understanding, but she keeps swaying me into staying. Needless to say it has been a stressful week, not knowing where I will be next year.  It's totally in God's hands now and if I should get an elementary position, I will be SO grateful! But if not, I am content with that, He is still using me where I am.

Honey Buns!! Nothing fixes stress better than sugar, as we all know! A few weeks ago, for family dinner I made this delicious dessert. I think it would be good a breakfast or brunch-y dish as well, but we went with dessert this time!

Recipe here...

You need:
1 box of yellow cake mix
8 oz. sour cream
4 eggs
3/4 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of brown sugar
1 tbsp of cinnamon
2 cups of powdered sugar
4 tbsp of milk
1 tsp of vanilla

1.Preheat the oven to 325 and grease up a 9x13 pan
2. Mix up the cake mix, sour cream, eggs and oil and pour into the pan
3. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter. Then swirl it all around with a knife, It will be a hot mess, but don't worry. It comes out just fine!
4. Next, bake for 35-40 minutes.
5. While the cake is baking, mix up the glaze! Powdered sugar, milk vanilla.
6. When the cake is done and still warm pour the glaze over the cake. Yummmmmm.

After the cake has cooled and the glaze has set up, slice that puppy up and ENJOY!

Tres Bien!

No comments:

Post a Comment