Thursday, April 27, 2017

Baby Cherry Pies

Hello again! Need a great dessert recipe? I got one just for you! Normally I am not a huge pie girl, but when they are tiny and cute, sign me up!
I found this recipe on pinterest and decided to modify it a titch and they were delicious and just the right size for an after dinner treat!
I should have cracked this one open to show the ooey gooey filling, but I just not a great food photographer!


You need:
1 can fruit filling, I used cherry, I suppose you could use anything!
2 pre-made pie crusts, I am sure you could make some, but pie crust is also not my jam, so ready made it was! 2 crusts made 10 baby pies
4 inch round cookie or biscuit cutter
1 egg white
1/4 cup of milk
1 1/2 cup of powdered sugar

Preheat the oven to 400. Lay down some parchment on a cookie sheet.
The recipe is really super easy. All you do is roll out the pie dough when it gets to room temperature. I fetched my wooden roller out from the depths of the cabinet full of things I don't really use for this one! I rolled the dough to be a little thinner than it comes to stretch out my dough usage.
Next cut out the circles, like so...

Next, top with the fruit filling. Seriously small scoops here. My first few were a little large and they definitely oozed out! 

Next top with another dough circle and press the edges shut with a fork.
Then place on the parchment lined cookie sheet and brush the tops with the egg whites.
 Pop those babies into the oven for 14 minutes.

While they are cooking whip the powder sugar and milk.
After the pies come out (again, I should have taken a picture!) let them cool for about 15 minutes on the sheet. 
While they are still warm, carefully dip them, both sides, into the icing. I just used a spoon and spatula to dip and retrieve and to my surprise non of them fell apart! Hurray!
Then put them back on the parchment to cool and let the icing harden.
Serve with ice cream or cool whip.
They were super yummy and oh-so-easy to whip up! 



No comments:

Post a Comment