Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Callie's Sugar Scrub

Callie wanted to guest post and tell all about my birthday sugar scrub that she made me!
I will hand it over to her...

Hi!
 So, I made my mom some sugar scrub for her birthday, because last year my aunt got me this book of cool crafty stuff, and I happened to have a sugar scrub recipe
 The ingredients are any oil, the recipe asked for grapeseed oil, but I don't know anyone who has grapeseed oil lying around their house, so I just used vegetable oil.
 The amount of sugar relates to the amount of oil, so you don't need to worry about needing to change the amount because of how much you need.
You use 2 cups of sugar, and 1 cup of oil. For every cup of oil, you need 2 cups of sugar.
Mix your sugar/oil mixture until it looks like grainy slop.When you're done, divide it into 2 bowls.

 Now, dye one half of the sugar scrub one color with food coloring. Do the same to the other half. Use 2 drops of food coloring for each one. Then stir well until there is an even color throughout the sugar scrub.
Now, is when your mason jar comes in. Layer each color in the jar, alternating colors. You may need to shake the jar to get even layers. Try not to mix it, unless you want just one color. Put the lid on tight. 

You can use the sugar scrub to scrub on  your feet, face and body. Make sure to rinse with warm water after you are done scrubbing. The grainy sugar feels good on your skin and the oil makes your skin feel silky smooth. You can store it in the fridge for up to a year. 
Enjoy your sugar scrub!

Thanks, Callie love, for posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment