Tuesday, September 26, 2017

How to Throw a Dinosaur Party

Did you know that there are no dinosaur decorations at the store? This was another homemade/dollar store party! I am not gonna lie, we have a lot going on right now and this was not my best effort! If I was a better mom, I would have gotten on Amazon or Etsy and found/made better stuff, but I am pretty sure the kiddos had fun!

The banner is straight up dolla tree and some letters from ellison press at school.
The leaves--we spent a nice night on Thursday cutting out of construction paper. I am not gonna lie, my Mister did most of the cutting. He's not just handy, he's crafty too, score! Here's the tutorial...


We had random dinos from the dollar store spread out all over the house! I had some leaves from the Easter box in the basement that worked well for some greenery. We had pretzels, Bugles and Doritos as dino bones, claws and spikes... Labels we printed off from here..

Some sweet treats were M&M's and doughnut holes, you know... Dino eggs

The cupcakes were just from the store and we stuck some baby dinosaurs in the middle, done!

We found a palm tree cutout for the wall... I mean, I don't really know if that's dinosaur-y and I totally thought it was one that sat in the table, but once I got it out of the package, it was for the wall, so Callie hung it up anyways!

These hats were a huge hit! Thanks Dollar Tree!






I have said it before and I will say it again! We have the best most amazing tribe of family and friends to love on our kiddos and I am so thankful that they make time to come our silly little parties!

We had a blast celebrating this sweet boy on a chilly fall day! I was a titch worried, because usually it is hotter than the blazes on Kellen's birthday, so they kids just entertain themselves outside and come in sporadically when they need a snack, but there was only a small window for playing before the rained rolled in, but they were pretty flexible and made their own fun in the house. There was some cute games, like pin the horn on the Triceratops

 (Thanks Callie!) and we had some buckets full of rice and those sweet tart Halloween skeleton bones, that the kids dug through being "Archaeologists", but I didn't get pictures of them, bummer!
If you are planning you own dinosaur party, good luck, plan early and hit up your old stand by's: the Dollar Store and Pinterest!


No comments:

Post a Comment