Monday, January 18, 2016

Cheesy potato casserole!

 It's been awhile since I have shared a recipe and I have the BEST recipe to share with you. It is just perfect for a cold winter night, so last Friday when it was super chilly this dish fit the bill. It is a little bit labor intensive, so I always make it on a week end night and it is delish!


You need: Smoked linked sausage (I actually used the turkey kind, but any kind will do)
about 2.5 lbs of potatoes (I used new potatoes, so I didn't have to peel them, but any kind will do)
4 Tbsp of butter
4 Tbsp of flour
8 oz of velveeta cubed
2 cups of milk
salt and pepper
2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese


First cube and boil the potatoes, I like them really good and cooked so I let them boil about 25 minutes until they fell off a fork. Then pre-heat the oven to 350.

While the potatoes are cooking, slice up the sausage. I should have cut them smaller, but I just sliced them and microwaved them for like 2 minutes to cook them.

Also while the potatoes are boiling start the cheese sauce. Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Then whisk in the flour. Gradually stir in the milk and whist, whisk, whisk!

Heat up the milk mixture and then add in the cubed velveeta. Stir until the cheese is melted and it's smooth and creamy.

Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them and dump them into a greased 9x13 pan. Toss in the cooked sausage and mix them together and add a dash of salt and pepper.


After the cheese sauce is totally smooth and the velveeta is melted, pour the mixture over the potatoes and sausage.

Top with the shredded cheese and bake on 350 for 25 minutes or until the shredded cheese is good and melty.

It will not disappoint y'all! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment