Monday, February 29, 2016

Poke Cake

This weekend I threw together this pretty delicious cake. I don't know if you know this about me, but I am somewhat of a cake connoisseur. This dessert was not my usual super rich deliciousness, but it was super easy to make and it might even be a good treat to bring to a dinner or gathering!

You need: 1 box of chocolate cake mix (and whatever you need to prepare the cake, mine needed oil and 3 eggs)
Cool whip
 1 can of sweet and condensed milk
Caramel syrup
Chocolate syrup
1 bag of Heath bars


First, bake the cake as directed on the box. Allow the cake to cool, then have your handy helper poke holes in the cake with a wooden spoon.


Next pour on the sweet and condensed milk and caramel. Then put the cake in the refrigerator to cool completely.

After the cake is totally cooled, "frost" it with cool whip. Then drizzle on the chocolate and caramel.


Last, top with the crushed Heath bars and pop back into the fridge until you are ready to serve it.

It was pretty yummy and super easy!
I am already thinking of ways that I can modify for next time. My family thought it might be a good idea to try it with brownie mix instead of cake mix. Or another idea was to use 2 cans of sweet and condensed milk so it's not quite so dry. Or even try it with real frosting, hmmm so many possibilities! We shall see how the modifications come out next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment