Thursday, April 9, 2015

Pesto Pizza

We have pizza night almost every Friday and I think we have tried just about every combination out there! When I stumbled across this recipe a few weeks ago, we decided to give it a try. I personally get sick of red sauce, so this was a nice change and everyone thought it was pretty tasty!

                                           


You need:
Pizza crust (I used a pre-made Bobali, you could make your own from scratch, pre-made dough, anything really!)
Pesto (I used pre-made from the deli at the store, again you could make your own from scratch, but let's face it, that's not happenin' here)
2 cups of Italian shredded cheese blend
Pre-cooked chicken (our store sells already shredded up rotisserie chicken and it makes it so easy to throw in any recipe!)

1. Pre-heat the over to 400.
2. Prepare crust if necessary, mine required no work other than unwrapping it!


3. Spread a few heaping spoonfuls of the pesto onto the crust. I went a little lighter since I didn't know how we would like this!



4. Top with the cheese


5. Top with chicken and any other toppings you might want. Next time I think we might try bacon with this as well, yum!


6. Bake about 15 minutes until cheese is golden brown.

This was delicious and super easy, but I forgot to take an after picture.  Mine was not quite as pretty as the pinterest picture, but it was yummy! We approve!


No comments:

Post a Comment