Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Time with my peanut!

Last Tuesday was one of those magical days when everything just seems to fall into place and for the most part ends up perfect.

We started off pretty early and it was a little chilly in the house when we woke up, so the princess requested a soak in the tub to warm up. She stayed in there until she was a prune. When she got out we decided it was DIY pedicure time.



While our toes dried we sipped on some coffee.


After we were sufficiently caffeinated, we headed to take care of some errands.

Callie had requested to use her OWN money to but some things for Kellen's Easter basket. It was seriously the cutest thing ever. She got him some crayons, bubbles and an elephant figurine.  Also, whilst at Target I found new COGNAC heels! I was SO excited. Y'all, I have been looking for most of last winter and all this fall/winter, searching high and low on every website I could think of. I even had some $100 ones in my cart on Amazon for a few days. But, Target pulled through, just like they always do! And they were on sale 20% off for Easter!

                                                                 Women‘s Lainee D‘Orsay Pumps

After our shopping trip, Callie had requested to go to Panera Bread for lunch. We had a lovely time sitting on the patio and had a great conversation. I love this smart, sweet girl so incredibly much!


On the way home from lunch we stopped off at the library and picked out some new books, then headed home to do some baking!

Callie chose pink and blue cupcakes with pink frosting. Wait for it... She did everything!


The only part I was needed for was putting the cupcake pans into the oven. How great is that? We tried that pinterest trick, have yall seen this??
                                              Apparently turning your oven down from 350 to 325 right after putting the cupcakes in results in a beautifully-risen cupcake!... I'm gonna have to try this out
                                                       I have to say, this really does work!!


While they were baking we made an epic fort with all 8 dining room chairs and all 4 kitchen chairs and like 27 blankets and pillows. It was cozy and pretty amazing. We laid around in our fort and read our new library books.




After I couldn't take laying on the floor anymore, we frosted our cupcakes and headed outside to play.


Then as the afternoon quickly drifted away we made supper and our list of fun summer ideas.
It was nothing over the top or super elaborate, just fun time spent loving on my sweet little peanut. I know some day (when she is teenager and hates me) I will look back on these days, so for now I just want to soak them up and enjoy time while she still thinks I am the greatest mom ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment