Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas and general shenanigans

Christmas this year was quite the event or events, I should say! The great part about being a part of a big family is that you get to celebrate multiple Christmases and this year was no exception!

On Wednesday we spent the night at Brien's parents house and spent all of Christmas eve day hanging out with our Wood's family!
                                  


The kiddos baked with Grandma!


Kellen was obsessed with the baby Jesus in the nativity and had to show everyone who came over!



We froze our heiney's off sledding! So much fun!

Every year Brien's mom comes up with the coolest scavenger hunt. 

Makin' the kiddos work for their presents, I love it!
After the kids ravaged their gifts and we stuffed ourselves with dinner, it was time to head back to our side of town. That was a tough drive, we were exhausted! After Kellen went down, we all got cozy in our jammies and watched terrible Christmas movies on netflix. Then Brien and I stayed up and watched my favorite Christmas movie, which is not terrible "Love Actually" and we carried out our Christmas tradition of poorly wrapping presents!

Christmas morning we received the greatest gift children can give their parents...sleeping in past 7 AM hurray!!

The kids opened their presents, they were very excited about their treasures!


Callie got a BEAU-tiful vanity to dress up her already super crowded room, but hey, at least she'll hang on to it for awhile! This was the super surprise present that she asked Santa for last year, 2 days before Christmas. Good things come to those who wait. And those who are persistent!
Kellen loved his Thomas tent!
Next it was off to grandma and grandpa's house to open more  presents and have our Wathen Christmas!




My sweet husband remembered that I asked for a fitbit last summer. Score!



Shark attack!!

Mama likes her clock!


We had a blast eating and playing and getting caught up with everyone. I just love my sweet family!
We had such a blessed and wonderful Christmas! I can't believe it came and went so fast! Now I just gotta get organized and find places to put all of our new treasures!! I'll put that my New Year's to do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment