Monday, February 17, 2014

Cheesy chicken baked chimichangas

I love cheese and chicken and tortillas and I put them together, frequently. Here is another pinterest recipe that I modified for delicious cheesy chimichanga:

I should have taken a prettier picture!
So here's what you will need:
1lb of chicken breast (I boiled mine and then shredded it in the kitchen aid)
1 8 oz brick of cream cheese (I used 1/3 fat)
1 bag (2 cups) of pepper jack or some kind of spicy cheese
1 packet of taco seasoning
8-10 flour tortillas
cooking spray

Pre heat oven to 350

1. combine shredded chicken, cream cheese, shredded cheese and taco seasoning in a mixer.


2. Whip it all up until combined well.

3. Then divide it out among the tortillas.
4. Fold tortillas up like an envelope.
5. Spray with cooking spray and sear(?)  in a hot skillet for a minute or two. Then flip and brown the other side a little.
6. Place in a lined dish and bake for about 15 minutes. Then flip them and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
7. Serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc.  I also made some re fried beans and Spanish rice to go along with ours to make it a real meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment