Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"Pinned it and did it" fringe-y scarf

Maybe you didn't know this, but I like scarves. All kinds really, infinity, lightweight, silk, knit. I like that they make feel like a grown up and they pull my outfit together. I saw this pin a while back and last spring I decided to give it a try. It's where you make a scarf out of an old tank top or t-shirt. Here is my grey fringe scarf http://www.adventurewiththewoods.blogspot.com/2014/02/what-i-wore-last-week.html.

I decided to clean out the old tank top drawer and found this little number... and decided to add another to the collection:
It's like an extra small from before I had Kellen and it had some little holes at the bottom. So I took my snazzy sewing scissors (I have to hide this pair from my family) and I chopped the tank right under the armpits:
Then I take the bottom half and start cutting up about half way up the shirt on the raw edge. For this scarf I made the strips much skinnier than the grey scarf.
Then I pull on the the fringy pieces and stretch out the spandex in the fabric a little and here is the finished product:
Gotta love a free scarf !

Here is the original post from pintrest :http://www.lakelandlocal.com/2011/08/diy-fringe-scarf/

No comments:

Post a Comment