Monday, February 24, 2014

Homemade detangler, for the thrifty girl mom

We have a problem at the Wood house...with hair. I feel so bad for Brien and Kellen, but Callie and I have ridiculously long hair. And it's everywhere. I manage my long tangles pretty well, but Callie's on the other hand is still that really fine little kid hair that seems to tie its self in knots if it is not pulled up.

 So to avoid the screams of bloody murder at bed time, we used a spray leave in conditioner. The only problem was, even though it was the off brand, cheap stuff we were still going through a bottle every other week.

Being the practical mother that I am, I thought there must be a better way. So I did what any good mom does I googled homemade leave in conditioner. I found a few weird things but after sorting through those, I happened upon another B-log of a frustrated mom, who decided to make her own.

So here is what you need:
Spray bottle
real conditioner
HOT water.



Next, put 1-2 tablespoons of conditioner in a spray bottle, depending on the size. Then top with the hottest water that you can get out of the faucet and shake.

I realize that it is just diluted conditioner, but Callie's hair is not greasy and we avoid bed time tears,so it's a winner in my book!

Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment