Tuesday, August 26, 2014

My re-30th birthday

I just might refuse to get any older than 30, it was a great year! We had some big changes to our family, my brother got married, Kellen was born, I switched grades again, we got some major projects done on the home front. I am sure there is more, but my old brain is forgetful!

This year my day started with sweet presents from Brien and Callie (Kellen was there too) I got a new beautiful ring to add on with my wedding/engagement ring. It doesn't quite fit together amazingly, but I love it and the thoughtfulness that went into choosing it.
ooooh, shiny!

My sweet sister in law brought me over Starbucks at the butt crack of dawn so I would be energized for the day! How great is that?! I wish Starbucks delivered...

My day at school was great, the kids were extra kind and sweet. We had a nice evening at home.

Friday we had a date night! Brien and I were all on our lonesome so we went to On The Border for dinner. It had rained most of the day, so it was a little chilly. We had the brilliant idea to sit on the patio and we froze our heiney's off! We had good intentions of making it to the movies, but we were so cold after dinner we ended up going home, having a fire and watching a movie on the couch. It was wonderful! We stayed up way too late, per usual, these days.
Totally inappropriately dress for a freezing evening on the patio, but I felt cute!
Chambray: Target
Skirt: Target
Sandals: Target

Saturday was way too busy... I had the fall kick off breakfast for people teaching Sunday school at church. Callie had a birthday pool party and we had an awesome night at the zoo! Brien's work hosts a zoo day for the employees and their families once a year with free admission, free dinner and free rides on the carousel. We had so much fun exploring the zoo! There was no one there, it was super cool outside that evening and all of animals were out, it's doesn't get much better than that. Callie kept saying "You don't see that everyday!" and she was right!
Tigers up close!

Giraffes up close!


Elephants up close!

Free carousel!

More free carousel!

Sunday we had a family/friends barbecue. It was a bit of work getting the house and yard cleaned up and getting the food ready, but it was so much fun to spend time with the family and round out my birthday week.


Here's to another year of being 30!


No comments:

Post a Comment