Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What I wore Wednesday, back to school!

This week has been a whirl wind! I mean crazy, meetings, meetings, meetings, unpack my room, meetings, move furniture, meetings, clean, more meetings... I could go on.

The first day with students was on Tuesday and I was so ready. Teachers spend so much time prepping and getting ready for kids, it's nice to jump in and meet everyone. I think it is going to be an amazing year. I have a student teacher for the first time and she is already awesome, I can't wait to see how things go for both of us. She is in a special program where "residents" are earning their masters and teachers licenses. It is a very intense full year process. I don't think I would make it through this program!

I never know how to dress for the beginning of the year, my school is fairly laid back dress code wise, but I like to dress up, I have tried to find a happy medium that is something like this...

I wore this to plan for the first week of school and have brunch with one of my favorite ladies in the whole school!
Chevron top: Very Jane
Denim capris: Forever 21
Necklace: Forever 21
Flip flops: Old Navy

I wore this to a training for my Boettcher resident student teacher.
Grey Tee: Thrifted from the Gap
Skirt: Old Navy, super old
Sandals: Target

I was running like a chicken with my head cut off this weekend, just trying to get stuff for my classroom and for my family that I knew I would not have time for this super busy coming week!
Top: Thrifted
Cut  offs: Made by me, from some old paint jeans with holes.
Flip flops: Old Navy

Last weekend we had a date night out with Brien's brother and my sister in law. They picked some really cool restaurants and bars in a neighborhood that I didn't even know existed. We probably stayed out too late, but it was so nice to be out and with each other, it was worth it!
Dress: Thrifted
Sandals: Target

I had to go to another training for our student teacher program. I am so thankful for the guidance they have given us to help, not only our students but our residents and ourselves too!
Dress: Target, old
Necklace: Very Jane
Sandals: Target


No comments:

Post a Comment