Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Christmas Decorations

I LOVE decorating for Christmas. Probably one of my favorite things, ever! When I was a kid we always had to wait until after my dad's birthday on the 7th. But, now as a grown up, I can do it whenever I want to and Thanksgiving night has become our tradition!
So here is the Wood Holiday house!
Our super tacky white tree! Callie and I picked this out before Brien and I were married, so it's our special little tree! Notice the bottom has no decorations due to crazy baby and hungry dog. I hope that next year they are both over attacking the tree!
Callie's tree! She has been dying for her own Christmas tree, so I finally broke down and got her one, she even has cute little purple cupcake ornaments on it! She was very proud of how it turned out.

The Armoire, the sign is a vintage find from Callie's grandparents! I love it! My mother in law found this super cute marquis light star. I might just leave this up for fun after Christmas!
Holly berry wreath. It's hard to find cute stuff to match your tacky white tree and green garland looks baaaddd, so red it is! I found this sweet deal at Target the day after Christmas last year for $6!
Mistletoe ball. Callie insisted on this! She calls it the "kissing ball". Another after christmas bargain for $2.
Also on the top of the fridge we have some of Callie's cute Christmas crafts from her pre-school years!
Christmas pillows to keep us cozy. I scored these at Hobby Lobby last year for $12 each. 
Even the dishwasher got a make over for Christmas. These giant magnets were a gift from Callie's grandparents last year.
I love this sign! I found it last week in the dollar section at Target. Plus our glass snowman, my mom got for Callie. She has the knack for finding tacky decor, I must get it from her!
Yay! I finally have the mantle decorated. After years of being naked at Christmas I finally found cute matching stockings and hangers that didn't cost a fortune. The stockings were $4 at Hobby Lobby and I put and iron on monogram on each of them. The hangers are cute little sleigh bells that came in a four pack for $20! The garland is green, I realize this, but it's in a totally different room, so it's fine right? 
I made this wreath last year for $2. I had an old grapevine wreath in the basement and I found some sparkly red ribbon from the dollar store and hot glued away. I think it came out pretty cute!

We still have a few crafty things to add to the mix later this year, sparkly candles and popsicle stick snow flakes are on the list for this weekend, but I like how everything came together this year, even with the crazy baby!










No comments:

Post a Comment