Sunday, January 19, 2014

cookie dough cupcakes




This weekend Brien got to try out his new smoker and make ribs for my parents, my brother and his wife. I was on dessert duty ( my favorite)! I have tried this recipe from scratch several times before and I have never had it come out quite right. This time was the best so far! So you need:

1 box brownie mix (prepare as instructed on the box, mine required 2 eggs, 1/3 cup oil and 1/4 cupwater)
1 package of break apart chocolate chip cookie dough
regular sized muffin/cupcake tin
1 brick (8 oz) 1/3 fat cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup of butter (softened)
2 tsp of vanilla extract
3-4 cups of powdered sugar


1. Prepare brownies as directed on box:
2. Then roll the cookie dough into balls.


3. Coat muffin tins with cooking spray. Fill the muffin tins about 3/4 full with the brownie mixture, then press the cookie dough balls into the brownie batter.( I should have used cupcake liners, but we were out)

4. Bake the brownie/cookie cups for 18 minutes at 350. Check the brownie mixture to see if it is cooked through, a tooth pick should come out pretty clean at 18 minutes. Cook longer as needed.

5. While brownies cook, mix up frosting

6. Whip the butter, cream cheese and vanilla extract together using electric mixer for about 2 minutes. Slowly add in the powdered sugar one cup at a time.

7.*** allow the brownies to cool or remove them from the cupcake pan after they have had time to cool. (I tried to get them out too soon and a few of them fell apart) I waited about an hour.

8. I put my frosting mix in a gallon plastic bag and cut off the corner to frost the brownie cup cakes!
They were pretty easy and super yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment