Monday, January 27, 2014

Easy Peasy mac and cheesy

At our house, we love mac and cheese. Not as a side dish. As and actual, real life, meal.Sometimes we have a veggie with it, if we are feeling a little healthy. But there really is nothing better than a cheesy, gooey, buttery plate of macaroni and cheese, all by it's self. It's pretty much the only thing Callie would eat for about a year, and the only meal that we currently don't have to beg her to eat.
I served this with corn (we had to get a veggie on there) mmmm, yellow food ;)


I started experimenting with some recipes over the years and this super easy recipe is a culmination of a several other recipes. Here goes!

You will need:
1 box of elbow macaroni (has to be elbow)
2 eggs
1 stick of salted butter
1 can of evaporated milk
Cheese! (I use a combination of several kinds, I usually like to mix 4 cups/ 2 bags of sharp cheddar and colby jack, or you could shred it yourself.)
Velveeta (I know, I know. It's not real cheese but it's good and we all like it, so yeah)
Salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 350 and put your macaroni on to boil.

While the pasta is boiling make the sauce!

Mix the eggs, melted stick of butter, salt, pepper, and evaporated milk and one bag of shredded cheese in a bowl. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and rinse, then combine with the sauce in a lined or oiled 9x13 pan.( I use Reynolds pan liner paper and it is life changing y'all!)

Next I cube up the Velveeta and press it into the pasta so I gets all melty and delicious while everything is baking.

Then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.

Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.

That's it! Super delicious, unhealthy, kid approved mac and cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment