Monday, March 31, 2014

"Pinned it and did it" Easter Wreath

This weekend was my last few sweet days of spring break. I had to make a real effort to just sit back, relax and enjoy it. It's so hard for me to just sit and be still. Kellen gives me an excellent excuse to blow off chores and projects and park it on the couch to watch a show or lay on the floor and play with my baby man.

So back to my Easter wreath... Ta-da! I LOVE it!
It was so easy, cost 4 dollars and looks spring-y and great!  The only down fall is that it is a little time consuming. It took me about 45 minutes, but Kellen was sleeping, Callie was playing with a neighbor and Brien was cleaning the garage. I needed a project.

Here is what you need:

Cardboard cut into a about a 13 inch circle. (I used an old diaper box and a pie plate to measure)
plastic Easter eggs (I used 3 18 packs from the $ Tree)
Easter grass ($ Tree)
Hot glue
a pencil





First, cut your circle out, it doesn't have to be perfect, just close. Mine was U-GLY.

 Next, I laid out the eggs to kind of fit them on.


Then, blob on a bunch of glue and stick on the first layer.
Now, lay out and glue on the 2nd layer on the outside edge of the cardboard.

Next, use the remaining eggs to cover the big spaces between the first 2 rows.
Last, this is the part that takes forever is blob a bunch of glue into the cracks where the cardboard is showing and push it in with a pencil.

Done and done and up on the door!


Here is the original post from pinterest, minus the bow it came out pretty close

 http://cindis.blogspot.com/2009/03/moms-do-some-grass-this-month.html

Step by step on how to make this cute Easter Egg Wreath!  So fun!  The "Mom's Craft Night Out" is such a cute idea too!  Hmmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment