Saturday, March 8, 2014

Spring/St. Patrick's day wreath

So far this year I have been keeping some kind of decoration on the door (we shall see how long that lasts...) I made a wreath a few weeks ago, on a whim and it came out pretty well. It took me all of 10 minutes and cost $6=winning!


So you will need:
 A pool noodle (I got mine at the $ tree)
Some heavy tape (we already had some masking tape in the basement)
Burlap ribbon (I got mine at hobby lobby for $2.50)
Some silk flowers (again $ tree)
bobby pins (we always have a bunch on hand)

1. Shape the noodle into a circle and tape.
2. Then wrap in burlap and secure with a bobby pin. Just punch it right through the loops of the burlap and the foam of the noodle.
3. Then I trimmed down the flowers so it was just the pretty part and no leaves and I left about 1/2 of the wire stem still on (I originally had some sparkly shamrocks, but I just couldn't figure out how to incorporate them in, so we made them into garland for the mantle)

4. Then I stabbed the wire of the flowers into the foam through the burlap and my wreath was complete!
Done and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment