Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Lemon Blueberry Dump Cake, What's Cookin' Wednesday!

It's back! I am so excited it summer and time for cooking! A few weeks ago we whipped up this delicious treat for dessert on Sunday dinner and it was delicious!
Yummy!


Have y'all ever had dump cake? It has an unfortunate name, but it is oh-so-good! I am pretty sure it's called that because you just dump everything in and bake, yeah, let's go with that!

Traditionally you make dump cake with cherry pie filling and pineapple chunks, but I went rogue this time.

Here's what you need:

1 box of lemon cake mix
1 large can of blueberry pie filling (I think next time I might take this to the next level and add lemon pie filling as well!)
1 large can of pineapple chunks
2 sticks of butter

1. Pre heat the oven to 350.  First mix the pie filling anddrained pineapple right in a 9x13 pan, just dump and mix right there. No need to dirty up a bowl!

2. Next sprinkle the whole box of cake mix over the top of the fruit. It seems like  lot, but just do it, this is the "crust".
3. Then grate up the butter. Usually I just slice it up, but I decided to give this a try. It just makes the butter lighter and easier to melt!
4. Then sprinkle the cheese, I mean butter, over the top of the cake mix as evenly as you can. Just sprinkle right on top, DO NOT MIX IT!

5. Pop that pan right in the oven for about 45 minutes. I checked mine at 30 and it was getting close to being done!
Ta-da! The finished product!
Serve this up warm with some vanilla ice cream and prepare your mouth for a party! So easy and so delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment