Monday, June 27, 2016

Make Something Monday: 4th of July!

Almost half way through the summer! Wow it's going by so fast. This weekend was just marvelous and Today was another adventure with Callie, we were out all day and when we got home we had to make something quick!

I have NEVER decorated for the 4th of July and this year I thought, why not?
So ta-da!
Oh my word! This was THE hardest wreath I have ever made. EVER! I don't know why I struggled so bad with this! I used this festive patriotic burlap and it was so long and it kept shredding apart when I tried to weave it through the wire. I must have watched the video like 10 times and restarted like 8 times and it came out hot mess express. So I went back in and wove another piece of burlap through to cover the places where the wire was showing!

You need: scissors, burlap (sidebar, do not get this kind of burlap!) and a wire wreath form


I used this kind of form and here is the link that I used to help me make it! It was seriously so helpful!

You just weave it through and fluff it up and then twist it and start weaving through again. I mean it, watch the video, I cannot explain it correctly and I was so frustrated that I didn't stop and take pictures!

I also found some super cute bunting at Target in the dollar spot a few weeks ago and Callie and I hung it on the mantel to jazz it up a little and it came out great!
I can't wait for the 4th and family time and Brien and I's 7 anniversary meet you day! Happy 4th, y'all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment