Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Callie is 8!

Well is has happened... despite all of my begging and praying, someone is another year older and it's not me.
Miss Callie has finally had the big 0-8! I don't know why, but suddenly she seems so big and so grown up and it's freakin' me out! Who is this little lady, not bab,y that I see every day?
I mean come on... Sweetest baby ever!
                                        
Callie, you were precious from the moment you were born! I remember just staring at you, and you were so relaxed, and quiet, and sweet, and bright eyed. I could not believe that you were mine forever!
                                        
I am not sure why this picture is so blurry, but I love it! You were only five days old in this picture and you look like a 3 month old! I have about a million memories of that first week home with you, but I will never forget thinking, "When are her real parents going to come get her?" I guess that's what you get when you have a baby so young! Totally unprepared, was I!

                                         
Thankfully you were the sweetest, most easy to get along with child in the universe. You never cried and when you did it was like a little squawk to get our attention and then you went back to being smiley and wonderful!
                                                  
These eyes, these lashes, I die!! They are irresistible! As you got a little bigger that year, you liked sleeping less and less. I would hear stories from some mom's about how they got so much done 'cause their babies slept for like 20 hours a day. I got real worried and started timing it out and one day you slept for 9 hours in a 24 hour period. I called Dr. Mcshan all crazy and he said, you just didn't want to miss anything and as long as you were happy, you were getting enough sleep. So I would just be exhausted for most of your first 5 years. But hey, we had some fun, kid!

                                                 
Such a chubby bunny just like your brother! I loved playing dress up with you, you were and still are my best shopping buddy to date!

                                      
Callie Rose I have loved every second of being your mama! You are my sunshine every day. There are not words to explain how much I love you and how proud I am of the young lady that you are becoming. You  have a way to make people laugh and smile. You are smart and so creative. I love hearing about your wonderful exciting ideas. I love your adventurousness! I love how you love your brother, you are THE most amazing big sister in the world!
                                      
I pray everyday, that you will continue to always be you! I pray that the world will never ruin my Callie Rose. That you will never want to "be like all the rest". I pray that you will always love Jesus as much as you do right now. I pray that you will always be as forgiving and kind as you are now. I pray that you find that best friend that will be yours forever. I pray that you find a husband that knows what a princess you are and how to keep making you feel like that every day.

We love you Callie! So one year older and wiser. I can't wait to see how great it is to be eight!

                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment