Monday, November 17, 2014

DIY boot cuffs from old sweaters!

This weekend I massacred some old sweaters! The weather has been frigid, I am talking like 12  degrees for a high, yikes! I have been seeing all these cute girls with fun boot socks.
BRRRR!

 I started searching all my favorite stores and websites for boot socks or boot cuffs and they are not too cheap. Any where from $10-20 a pair, no thank you. I will make mine for free!

Last week I went through all of my winter clothes and cleaned house. I had a bunch of sweaters all packed up and ready to donate. Friday night I was laying in bed and the wheels started turning and I raced down to the basement and dug them out.

The next morning I began my creations!
As with most of my projects, there was no rhyme or reason to this. I just knew that I wanted something cute and fun. I started with the pink sweater. It was in sad shape, stretched out, old, broken zipper but the sleeves were in great shape. I busted out my secret sewing scissors and got to work!
I wanted these a little bit longer so I did one arm and then made the other the same size. They came out pretty well!
Fun!
Pleased with my progress, I kept hacking! This time I wanted them a little shorter. I have inherited these cursed linebacker calves, so it's a struggle to smash my legs in boots with pants/leggings and socks...enter the boot cuff!
Oh, the carnage!
I think these brown ones are my favorite!

The last sweater has weird cape sleeves, so these ones were super short and I forgot to take a before picture, but they look pretty cute with my black boots!
So there you have it! 3 old sweaters and a pair of good scissors = 3 new pairs of boot socks! 
Total cost: Free!






No comments:

Post a Comment