Thursday, November 27, 2014

Grandma's Pumpkin Pie

So I have mentioned a few times that at every holiday get together someone has an assigned dish to bring, that becomes theirs forever. Apparently my sister and law and I are now sharing pie. I used to be terrified of pie. People depend on it and if you mess it up, well, there is just no coming back from that!

A few years ago I called up my grandma and she gave me her recipe. It is so easy!

Pre-heat the oven to 400
Mix together 15 oz can of pumpkin, 2 eggs, 2/3 cup of sugar, 1 cup of milk, 1/2 tsp of ginger, 1/2 tsp of all spice and 1 tsp of cinnamon 3/4 tsp of salt. This year I tripled it and used 1, 15oz can and 1, 30 oz can, that's a lotta punkin'. I tripled all the other ingredients as well, of course.

Stir everything together and pour into a 9 inch pie plate. I used a pre-made crust because crust is a lot of work! If I do a fruit pie, I always make a real crust, but I have been sick all week and making a pie crust seemed beyond my ability today!

Pop the pie into the oven and bake for about an hour. The recipe says 45 minutes, but mine ended up being about an hour. Start with 45 minutes and check every 5-10 minutes after that.

You'll know its done when the crust is golden brown and I knife comes out clean!
Not super pretty, but super yummy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment