Monday, November 3, 2014

Castlewood Canyon on repeat!

This weekend has been CRAZY! With Brien away, hunting elk, it has just been me + the kids and that ='s exhaustion! My arm feels like it is going to fall off from carrying around Kellen all day. Even though he is a very mobile boy, he just has those moments when he wants to be held, for extended periods of time!

Thursday Brien got outta here pretty early in the morning, so I dropped Kellen off at his daycare and Callie and I had a girls day! We were originally going to go hike Devil's Head Tower. But due, to my poor planning, we had no idea how to get there. So, it was plan B. Callie has been very interested in going to Castlewood Canyon, since I had just taken my students there a few weeks ago.

We loaded up our backpacks with snacks and water and headed south for the day. The weather was absolutely amazing and Callie was quite the adventurer.
I was a little nervous because I had never been here by myself before, let alone with another life to be responsible for, so I was praying that we wouldn't get lost! The map was kind of hard to read, but the signs for the trails were pretty easy to follow. Let me tell you, we saw it all! We ended up hiking about 6 miles. I really thought that Callie would get sick of it and want to leave, but she was such a trooper and didn't complain once. All she could talk about was how pretty it was and how much fun she was having in "nature". I think she climbed every rock, nook and cranny that she could find.
She was making my toes sweat! She kept climbing and climbing!

A quiet minute by the water. It was so pretty!

I don't know why, but this story cracks me up, she is such a goof ball!

Callie even whipped off her shoes and ran through the 50 degree water. I am kind of regretting not joining her, but someone had to keep their feet warm!

After your amazing outdoor adventure, we hit up chik-fil-a and then I had some gift cards burning  a hole in my pocket from my birthday and I needed some fun fall clothes! So we hit up our favorite places and stocked up. I love shopping with this girl! More about our purchases later!

We shopped til we about dropped and before we knew it, it was time to pick up Kellen. Overall we had a super girls days and when I asked Callie what her favorite part of the day was she said, "I love spending time you, mom!" Kind of makes it all worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment