Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What's cookin' Wednesday: Monster cookie dough dip

A couple of weeks ago, we made a cherished favorite, monster cookie dip. We don't dip anything in it, we just eat it with a spoon. I justify that it is healthy because there is oatmeal and I used 1/3 fat cream cheese, that counts as healthy right??

Here is the original recipe

You need:

  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 fat)
  • ½ cup butter, slightly softened
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups rolled oats or quick oats (I didn't use all of the oats, I just added until I liked the consistency)
  • 1/2 package plain mini M&Ms
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • Use an electric mixer or the kitchen aid to mix the cream cheese, peanut butter and regular butter together.


    Next add in the powdered sugar a little at a time. 
    Mix in the brown sugar and vanilla.
    Slowly add in the flour and oats until the texture is to your liking.
    Then, fold in the candy and chocolate chips.
    We ate on this batch for a few days. The first day, I ate so much, I think I made myself sick, but it was worth it! 



    No comments:

    Post a Comment