Monday, March 9, 2015

Graham Cracker Toffee

This weekend I finally made this deliciousness and then took it school the next day. It is dangerous to have on hand and in order to save myself the calories I decided to share.
It is super easy and I think I might make it next Christmas to pass out to neighbors, the mailman etc...



You need...
Graham Crackers (I used 16 full sheets)
2 sticks of butter
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 bag of chocolate chips (I used semi sweet)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)

1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spritz with cooking spray
3. Lay out the grahams

4. Next, combine the butter and brown and sugar in a small pan over medium heat, stirring continuously. Allow it to come to a boil. Continue to boil for about 4 minutes, keep stirring!


5. Pour the mixture over the grahams

6. Pop into the oven for 8 minutes
7. After baking, immediately sprinkle on the chocolate chips and let them set for a few minutes.

8. When the chocolate is good and melty smooth out with a knife. If the chocolate chips are not melting right away, put the pan back in the oven for a few minutes to get the job done.
9. Top with the nuts (optional)
10. Let the chocolate set for about an hour, OR you can put the pan right in the fridge for a bit to allow everything to harden up.
11. When everything is good and set, break into pieces and enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Did you save me some?! I totally want to try this ~ looks delish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks P!
      It's way easy, but I know that your REAL toffee is about a billion times better :)

      Delete