Thursday, March 26, 2015

Ritz Toffee Bars (Otherwise know as white trash brownies)

This weekend for family dinner, I made this deliciousness. I had to get them out of my house, otherwise I would have eaten the whole dang pan! There is nothing nutritiously redeeming about this dessert, seriously not. one. single. thing.
They are super easy too!

You need:
For the bars:
2 sleeves of Ritz crackers. I went with the low fat kind (healthy?)
1 bag of heath toffee bits
1 can of sweet condensed milk
Frosting in a can or you can make your own, I did!
Frosting:
1 stick of butter room temperature
1/2 cup of shortening
3-4 cups of powdered sugar
1/2 cup of heavy cream


1. Crush up the crackers, we used the standard gallon bag and a rolling pin.
Thanks Super Girl!
2. Pre-heat the oven to 350 and grease up an 8x8 pan.
3. Mix the crushed crackers and toffee bits up with the condensed milk right in the pan, less dishes=good idea!

4. Pop it into the oven for about 10 minutes or until it is solid.
5. Next whip up the frosting. I forgot to take pictures...sooo. Cream together the butter and shortening until it is all smooth in a mixer
6. Gradually add in the powdered sugar.
7. Next, add in splashes of the heavy cream until you get the texture you want.
8. After the bars are cool, add on a thick layer of frosting. I even had some left over, which I am currently eating as a type this!
9. Enjoy, be sure to share, you do not want these sitting around!






No comments:

Post a Comment