Friday, June 6, 2014

"Pinned it did it" knife butcher block

A few months ago I pinned this lovely pin...

I did not follow the directions on the website at all. I just needed a little inspiration. Our butcher block was Ug-ly! I wish I had taken a before picture...

So I bought a lovely can of red spray paint to match the accents in my kitchen.
Best stuff ever!
This was seriously too easy. First I took out all of the knives (duh). Then I wiped off the block with a dishtowel dipped in soapy water. It had a little of that sticky kitchen dust on it

Next I sanded it a little bit to rough it up.

Then I painted one thin coat of paint and let it dry for about an hour. I painted another coat for solid coverage and then I let it dry for about 2 hours. Then, Just for good measure, I did one more thin layer. I let it dry overnight.

The next morning I slapped this cute monogram that I found at Hobby lobby and I was done!

Here is the original picture from the pin, how cute!!
very cute idea to an ugly old knife block


No comments:

Post a Comment