Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Queen Sugar and Rainbow Magic Princess Fairies and What I wore Wednesday

We are settling into a nice summer break groove. I love summer break Kristina, I think I am easier to get along with. Who wouldn't be if they had a whole summer off??

So this week, we have been having lots of fun!


Top: Target
Maxi skirt: Very Jane
Flip flops: Old Navy
I wore this to church on Sunday and to my sister in law's birthday party. Her family does this amazing meal called Milk Can Stew that has sausage, carrots, cabbage, potatoes and corn, all cooked over a flame in an antique milk can. It is so good! It was a little rainy and we had some wild weather and tornadoes that afternoon. But by party time, it had calmed down. We had a great time with her family and ours.

My little photo bomber. He sneaks in almost every day!
Tanks: Old navy
Jeans: 7's, thrifted
Flip flips: Target (super old)

I looked confused here... not sure why!
Dress: Old navy, thrifted
Lacy slip: my mom's!
Flips flops: Target
Shell bracelet: Forever 21
I wore this out running errands last week and it was super hot and the lacy was itchy! Never again!

Another bomber!
Tunic top: Walmart
Tank: Target
Shorts: Cut offs made from old paint pants!
Flip flops: Target
So me and shorts, not a great combo... I have struggled all my life to be comfortable in shorts and I feel like I just can't pull them off. Even when I was in high school and college, I refused to wear them, cellulite reasons, you see.  Thank you stores, for capri pants! I am trying to step out of my comfort zone a little and try new and scary things. We'll see how this goes.

Tanks: Thrifted
Denim capris: Kohls
you can see my shoes, but they are just black flip flops, nothing exciting.

So the library...We are doing a good job of sticking to our schedule and Tuesday was, of course "Time to read Tuesday", so off to the library we went! We have an amazing library pretty close to our house, they have a great children's section with lots of toys and interactive stuff to do. So while Callie was off searching for books, Kellen and explored and played! He loved it!
After we played and chose the perfect books, it was back home for some reading!

Callie chose this book:
They are pretty much the cutest things ever. I mean, rainbow ,magic, sparkle, princess, fairy... How many girly things can we cram into one book? It's a really cute serious about these little girls that help fairies get things back and solve problems brought on by Jack Frost's goblins, love!

I chose:
I like books about the south, it's a good place, Y'all!
I had the hardest time getting into this book! It is about this lady from California who inherits a huge sugar cane farm in Louisiana. She struggles with everything, money, employees, her family, the weather, men, you name it and she had a problem with it. It was a little unpredictable and I like that in a book. Once I got into it and figured out what was going I really enjoyed her story. I would definitely recommend this book if you like stories that are set in the south and have a little bit of everything.












No comments:

Post a Comment