Monday, June 2, 2014

Perfect picnic pasta

At every family function there is something that someone brings that they end up bringing for the rest. of. their. lives. During the summer it goes like this grandma: potato salad, mom: dessert (usually this cherry dessert from 1985) aunt Carol: baked beans, aunt Lisa fruit: salad etc... One year, the first year I moved back to Colorado after my long time in Texas, I brought pasta salad, mostly to be nice. Now it is my adopted dish. It's so easy and everyone always asks what I put it in, so here it is....



You  need:
Rotini pasta 16 oz box (you could really use any kind, my sister in law, on the other side,  makes hers with penne and it's delish)
Pepperoni (I usually use the regular pizza sized ones, but this time I tried the minis and it was great and one less step to have slice those up)
Mozarella or Monterrey jack cheese cubed (a friend tried to make it with cheddar and it melted the next day in the fridge)
1 can sliced black olives
1 package of grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
1 bottle of Italian dressing (I use about 3/4 of the regular sized bottle and then bring extra if people like their's saucy)


1. Cook the pasta per the instructions on the box (I am not a huge fan of al dente so I cook mine a minute or two longer. Drain and rinse with super cold water. I pop mine in the fridge to help it chill
2. Combine all ingredients in a GIANT bowl and stir. Put in the fridge to cool until ready to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment