Monday, June 30, 2014

Make something Monday:Sidewalk paint chalk


This post is brought to you by corn starch. Last Monday Callie wanted to make squirtable sidewalk chalk she found here. It was pretty easy...
You need:
corn starch
baking soda 
water
food coloring
squirt bottles (we found ours at the grocery store for a dolla')
vinegar (for later)

1. Mix the bottle with a half and half combo of baking soda and cornstarch.
2. Add in the food coloring.
3. Top off with water
4. Shake shake shake.
5. Have fun all over the drive way!

This kept her quite busy!

A messy masterpiece!


6. Last we used the bottle of vinegar and squirted it over the chalk paint and it erupted and sizzled!

More messy goo!


It washed right off the next day in a rainstorm!
For my own make something Monday, I am totally stuck! I have this amazing piece of wood and I want to do something with it...
I am at a serious impasse here! My mother in law found this, I think it was an old mirror frame that the mirror has broken out of. But she liked the shape and so do I, but I have no idea what to do with it!
I have a big blank wall in my dining room and tons of ideas, but I am not sure what I want here, and it is driving me crazy! Maybe next week I will have finished it and have something beautiful to show for make something Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment